Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The First Impression

I remember the young, well groomed guy who rushed into the red lift I was in a few years ago as I was rushing for my computer class. The first thing that struck me was the well groomed look he had about him. He was tall, good looking and clean shaved. He reminded me of the young officers I had seen when our school had taken us to visit the Indian ship that had docked at the Kuwait port. And it was the precise reason I turned around to take a second peek at him as I walked out of the lift.  You see, I had developed a huge crush on these officers thanks to the well groomed and disciplined aura they had around them. 

I saw this guy walk into the same institute I attended the class at and took a third good look and branded him “handsome” in my mind.  Though he appeared to be a new student at the institute, I failed to find him in the class from the next day and forgot about him effortlessly.

The next time I met the same guy, he had a completely opposite look going. As I walked into my computer institute a month after the incident, I saw the same guy talking with a group of students outside the institute. He stood there with his hands held behind his back, a rough stubble covering his face. The first thought that came to my mind was “roguish” as I walked quickly past him. I was so taken aback by the change in his appearance that it was only a hesitant smile I gave him before hurrying past him to the computer lab.  As he came in and sat at a computer next to mine, I noticed the bandaged hand he sported. I inquired about the injury and he got talking about the accident, and before we knew it, we had talked through the class time.

We had class during the same hours and that definitely made us cross each other’s paths often. Needless to say, it gave us further opportunities to become acquaintances first and friends later. In the years we remained friends, he sported clean shaved, lightly stubbled and heavily bearded look, with the first look always being my favorite. It was the look he sported on the day he came dressed to impress, he proposed and the day we met after I accepted his proposal.

I always joke that it was the bandaged hand that worked as the saving grace for him. If it wasn’t for that, and the first impression he had created in my mind, he would have been just another student who I shared the computer lab with.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is a part of #WillYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette

2 comments:

You love me, You hate me, You can't stand me? Go on and tell me...drop me a line....