Friday, August 8, 2014

A Box Full of Surprise...And a Lazy Sunday Lunch!

I had submitted a post for the Borosil  My Beautiful Food Contest (http://www.myborosil.com/) at the last minute (as always). I didn't bother to check the status of the contest because I have never won in any so far. So imagine my surprise when I opened my mailbox to see an email that said that my blog entry had been selected as one of the fifty entries for the second round!!!

After doing the Happy Dance for a little while, I sat back to check what needed to be done. It was mentioned that I had to showcase my gastronomic creations using the dishes I would receive from Borosil. The words "Borosil Hamper" made me do a second round of Happy Dance.

When I did receive the hamper, I drooled at the sight of the beautiful glass dishes that laid there bubble wrapped and begged to be used. How could I, the barely-able-to-cook person, resist a chance to flaunt my winnings. This was like I had had the last laugh, and of course, a good excuse to conduct further experiments on the unassuming victims...my in-laws this time.

I planned the meals so that they were prepared on a weekend which made the preparation a family affair...in other words, I had enough helpers to spare. From my mother in law to my niece, we had everyone swarming in and out of the kitchen.

We prepared Spaghetti Carbonara for the meat lovers, Spaghetti Arrabiata and Potato salad for vegetarians and Chicken curd curry with rice for the Indian food lovers.We had coke and cold coffee to wash it all down and Dulce de Leche Mousse to finish up.  

So, my dear fellow bloggers, presenting to you without further ado my pretty pretty borosil dishes, and a Sunday lunch enjoyed with my husband, nephew, niece and in-laws on a lazy, rainy Sunday.

Spaghetti Carbonara 



 Spaghetti Arrabiata



Potato Salad


Chicken Curd Curry


Dulce De Leche Mousse


Vietnamese Cold Coffee


Needless to say, by the end of lunch, all of us were full, and of course, happy. It was a Sunday well spent, with family, laughter and good food. 

This post was written as part of Borosil My Beautiful Food contest conducted by Indiblogger. 

2 comments:

  1. One of the best posts for the contest! Did my heart go mmmm for the Vietnamese cold coffee? TOTALLY! All the best for the contest :)

    ReplyDelete

You love me, You hate me, You can't stand me? Go on and tell me...drop me a line....