Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tuesday Ponderings: Good Deed For The Day

Hello everyone....you must have noticed that my laziness has reached an all time high and I did not do the regular post until today...well, it was one part laziness, one part busy week, and one part, tiredness that caused this delay. It was a busy weekend with my sister in town, and the freelance work has been keeping me quite busy these days. So, sometimes, even if I want to, I am not able to spend enough time on the blog. I am hoping to do something about it soon, but something tells me it is going to wait till I get hit with the next bout of inspiration.

Now, the question I wanted to ask today is based on the observations over the past few days, or rather, weeks. These days, we are quick to admonish the people around us and say that there's no humanity left in anyone anymore. There's only selfishness, violence and crudeness all around. The world's going down...it's never going to get better...and few of the recent incidents forces us to think that way as well....

However, I have  also experienced kindness from strangers whom I'd never meet again, from acquaintances who I barely spoke with otherwise, and encouragement from quarters unexpected.

So the question is this: would it make a difference if we turned to ourselves and take a moment to wonder what we could do to help the people around us, help the world and be the change we want to see. I know it's nothing easy but I also know that it is not impossible.

So today, let's start off doing one good deed a day, and you never know, like how many drops make an ocean, we might just be able to save the world, one day at a time. So, why don't you tell me what was your one good deed for the day.

Signing Off

Cat


6 comments:

  1. This is a good question. I always try to help other people when i can. This isn't a great good deed but i drove my friend to pick up a job application. I guess you could also say on a daily basis i thank people as often as i can. I can tell it usually makes things better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a lovely idea. Little acts of kindness from a stranger make such a big difference to your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if this counts as a good deed, but since I am rarely away from my home, it is about my family.
    We had a pretty rough day yesterday and my husband went to bed early because he had early shift. I wanted to go to, but knew there were no leftovers from dinner, so I stayed up and made him a "gourmet" lunch. Then to let him know he had lunch in the fridge I drew him a comic strip [letting him know] and hung in on the bathroom mirror.
    I saw a note on my computer this morning telling my that I "made his day, right out of the gate."
    Like I said, I don't know if it counts because we all do nice things for our family, but it's the best I can do when I never see anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good point, one act of kindness from each person per day will go a long way in improving our lives, another suggestion would be to forgive those who have wronged us rather than retaliate against them thus breaking the cycle of hate and violence so to say, just a thought..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always tried to atleast do 1 good thing every day. Everyone should do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting this. It’s exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete

You love me, You hate me, You can't stand me? Go on and tell me...drop me a line....