Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Monday Ponderings: What Do You Do When The Day's Blue?

Hello there....first of all, I think I am going to move this Sunday Pondering to Monday coz that's what I have been doing of late....doing the post on Monday rather than Sunday....And the question today is thanks to the terribly horrific day I had today...

To start off, well, it was Monday...and I got late to work on a day we had a superior visiting, and I had to organize a little Welcome thing, which if you ask me, could be called as 'lukewarm' on a scale of hot to cold. Then, I had a difficult meeting which left me feeling drained and deciding conflict handling was not my thing. And if that wasn't enough, my sandals broke and I had to shuffle around like a hurt penguin until I decided to staple the sandal tops together so that I could get through the day with a little less shuffling. End of the day, I felt drained, had a headache, and felt that I was living a lie...like I was doing something that was beyond me.

Okay........I am done with my ranting over here, and so I think I better get back to the question...which is what do you do when you have a rough day?  I either try to talk to my friends, and if I am not in the mood to do that, switch off and focus on one thing that I think will keep me busy for the rest of the day. And if that also doesn't work, I try to get a good laugh...I know it sounds crazy but there have been times when I felt that laughter always help me feel better, however bad the situation looked. Sometimes, I just listen to some music; off late, I have decided that listening to Piano pieces are what I enjoy....and sometimes, sometimes I enjoy cooking...or writing...makes me feel deflated and relieved and freed somehow. 

And since I mentioned I enjoy listening to piano music, here's something I enjoy listening. It is by the artist named Yiruma and it always make me feel better....




Enough about me....it's your turn now....what do you do when you have a tough day?


And BTW, thanks for hearing me out.

Signing off

Cat

9 comments:

  1. Definitely new age music. Piano, flute, harps. It soothes me like nothing else. 2002 - Across a River of Dreams is my all time stress reliever. Sorry you had a bad day but let's hope it's all behind you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh probably listen to music, watch something I love, read or just play online. Those things always make me feel better. That and CHOCOLATE! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listen to gospel music or the Oak Ridge Boys (lol - they have a great gospel CD, too). I put on my headphones and (try to) pretend that those aroundme don't exist. The group I work with is difficult at best and ... well, you don't really want to know the worst part. lol

    Sorry to hear you had a bad day. They do suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me? Laughter is one of the best medicines in the world.
    Have you ever listened to a baby laugh and giggle uncontrolably? Well, how do you feel as you listen? GREAT, am I right.

    If a person can manage to hang on to their sense of humor through tough situations and look for the humor in the moment (even though it is often tough) then you've found the fountain of youth. Trust me, there are many studies have proven this to be true.

    Oh, how about I try a shameful plug.
    Try reading my Monday post if things get rough.
    Hopefully you will find something to make you laugh or at least smile.
    kt

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear that you had such a pig of a day. Let's hope that one of those doesn't come back again soon! I love talking to friends, or sometimes I just want to be alone, but listening to music will always soothe and, strangely enough, I love piano music too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that piece of music, a lot of fans wanted it to be Bella's lullaby in Twilight

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a playlist on my iPod titled "Play it loud" all my fave music. I plug it into the car sound system and turn it up for the drive home.
    Like I did tonight.
    I often wash the day away with a hot shower, grab a glass of wine or two and then just lately, unloaded my rant onto my blog.
    Just letting it flow out helps.
    Just like you probably feel better too.
    Great post, hope tomorrow is better
    Sending you hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

You love me, You hate me, You can't stand me? Go on and tell me...drop me a line....