Monday, July 4, 2011

Sunday Ponderings: Where'd You Go?

Hello everyone, yet another weekend gone by, but thankfully a longer one this time, for a lot of us...This weekend, I decided to visit my parents in hometown and that is where I am right now. Hometown, for me is Kerala, God's Own Country...


So, that's where I am right now...And I am staying close to my maternal ancestral house...the feeling you get when you get back to your home is kind of inexplicable...For me, when I come back home, it's like I have set the inner child in me free...the nostalgia, the familiarity of being somewhere I grew up, a place I feel I  have left a little of myself, being at a place that has seen me grown up fills me up with a nice and warm feeling. 

So the question for this Sunday is this...which is your favorite childhood spot you keep visiting or you would like to visit....a place that reminds you of your childhood memories, the mischief, the laughter and the fun times. The place where you can be yourself because you know you are never going to be judged!

Waiting to hear from you...

Signing off,

Me

11 comments:

  1. I love going to the local beach near here. It is such a wonderful place, and I have been going there since I was six months old, when my mum and dad used to take me on the bus! It is a very special place and holds lots of happy memories. I now go there with my own grandchildren, which I think is very special! Hope all is well with you. Missed you being around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our place would have to be "White Lake, NC". My dad took us there at least once and there are pictures with us in the crystal clear water but it took me until I was in my 50's to return. We have been back a number of times and is the only place I know where you can go out in the water up to your chest and still see your feet. Not a lot of stores, just a place to get away and be yourself. Hope all is well with you and yours. We are still having fun in Siler City, NC with the goats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely Cornwall-on-the-Hudson, NY. Where my grandma lived and where I spent some of the happiest times of my childhood. It's all changed now but I could go there tomorrow and remember everything as it was. It's been way too long. Great post and glad to hear from you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine would be at my parents' house. I feel like a kid every single time I'm there.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably one of the few parks or camping sites we went to as a child. Not that I have been back or could even remember where they are. It's always nice to remember. Then there is an aunts house we would spend a few weeks during the summer, just being kids! Awesome times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have fond childhood memories of Paris, in a daisy filled park. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine is at one of two places. Either Wiltshire or Devon. Both places remind me of family holidays and fun. Thanks for reminding me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is indeed no place like home..:)

    So your hometown is Kerala. I just actually read about it on conde nast traveler and by looking at the photos and reading about the place on the magazine, I would love to go there one day!

    I'm sure you'd have splendid time there.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautoful picture. We visited Kerala recently and thought it was a wonderful place.
    My place, a country house and park in my home town. There are lots of lovely walks, highland cows and a tea room in the original kitchen selling home made cakes. When I was little it was a real treat to go to the tea room for lemon meringue pie - I cna almost taste it just thinking about it!
    Enjoy your trip home
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a beautiful place! Um, my favorite memories are of me and my sisters and our best friends cracking up and being silly. So whenever we're all together, wherever we are, that's my favorite place to be.

    ReplyDelete

You love me, You hate me, You can't stand me? Go on and tell me...drop me a line....