Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Monday Pondering: The Vacation Of Dreams

Hello everyone...I know that I keep switching the pondering to Sunday, Monday and back to Sunday....unfortunately, I suffer from Procrastinatia Absolutus and it so happens that inability to follow routine is one of it's fairly common symptom....so yours truly keeps putting off the stuff to do to the next day and next and next...I'm only glad that I haven't decided to make it Tuesday Ponderings yet...

Speaking of Monday...I had a horrible Monday...so bad that I wished I could just turn back and go home, curl under a duvet and stay there for the rest of the day. To put it in a nutshell, I got drenched on my way to office, had to stay at my desk most of the time thanks to it being a hectic day, got neck cramp and shoulder ache and....got back home an hour late thanks to stuff I had to finish...which is why I had to think about the perfect vacation every ten minutes to keep my spirits buoyant,keep irritation at bay and try and not look like I would bite anyone's head off if they dared to come anywhere close to me...

So, here's what I planned for perfect vacation....it would be where I'd get to stay in my bed and read...read and read some more without having to step out until and unless absolutely necessary...that would be the first day....and then follow it up with a trip to beach...where I'll get to stay somewhere where I get to hear the sound of waves all day and night...and be able to take long walks along the beach, collect shells, read, lounge around and do nothing....and then, the next day, I would go exploring the small town close to the beach...looking at the stuff in shop windows and and smiling and nodding at the people as though I have known them forever....And the next day, go for walks again, and sit and look at the sea and the waves and just think, or dream and relax...In short, I want a vacation that's fun and relaxing. I don't think I'll be able to stop describing my Dream Vacation...so let me stop here and ask you what your dream vacation would be like....where would you want to go, and what would you want to do?

Waiting for the interesting answers...

Toodles

Me

10 comments:

  1. I hope you get to take that vacation! As for your posts, I seldom know what day it is anyway, so I don't notice if you switch things :)

    I've had 1 or 2 perfect vacations in my life, so I'm content. But if I get another, it will be to go to the UK, rent a flat for an entire month, and travel around at my leisure. See the sights, but also forage around in tiny towns and maybe hole up in the flat some days and just read and enjoy myself. Not exciting, but perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had mine just before I met Bruce. I booked a trip to Miami by myself. Stayed at a Le Meridien 4star Hotel on the beach, rented a convertible, ate dinners either in my room or down in the exquisite restaurants, went to the zoo, drove up and down A1A, flirted with the bartenders, hooked up with a stranger for one fun evening and did this while it was -4 degrees at home. It was the best vacation I ever took.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a perfect holiday full of beach, snorkeling and scuba this feb. when we went to andaman islands. I really wish the same for u....may u get your dream vacation soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dream vacation sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds amazing! I would go for a house on the beach, with a balcony - it doesn't even have to be warm as long as I have lots of cosy blankets, lots of books, the sound and smell of the sea, good company and wonderful food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beach for me too. A resort in Fiji. With spa. Snorkeling, cocktails, dinner on the beach with my toes in the sand.
    Days spent with a good book and my fave music.
    Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your vacation dreams sound so so nice that I'm tempted to call in sick and dream some more about my dream vacation....but cannot....got to go office...but a girl can dream, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been captivated by the beauty of South Africa as I follow Desiree at Driftwood Ramblings and would love to spend a couple of weeks riding around with Des & her hubby exploring that awesome land she calls home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get to take that vacation, it sounds lovely.

    I had my dream vacations last summer and I described it in several blog posts. Travelling around Europe was amazing. I would also like to go on a road trip in Australia and the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to vacation anywhere that has a beautiful ocean front view and clean beach. I LOVE THE OCEAN! kt

    ReplyDelete

You love me, You hate me, You can't stand me? Go on and tell me...drop me a line....