Monday, June 13, 2011

Sunday Pondering : Fireman Or Princess?

Hello everyone,

I didn't realize that I hadn't put up this post until today...so apologies! Now, when I check the stats, i don't know if it's an issue with the Blogger, well...it most certainly looks like that, but I have been getting page views which is extremely extremely high when compared to the regular views...I don't think that this one entry per week Blog is so interesting to garner that kind of views. So at this point, I'm kind of baffled...So, please let me know if any of you have been facing a similar issue or if it's just me.

Now, getting back to the question for the day...you know how you read a book and then think, "hey, that's what I want to be when I grow up?"...or maybe, you see someone and think that that's what you want to be...as a kid, I am sure all of us would have dreamt of being a fireman, or train driver or a pirate or even a princess. How you were so captivated with what they did that you had sworn secretly to yourself that that's what you wanted to be.

So, the question is this: Who did you want to be when you were a kid? What was that one thing you wanted to be and you dreamt of as a kid? It can be as fantastic as a being a fairy or a pirate, or it can be something that caught your attention from the day to day world like perhaps, a doctor or a teacher.

I don't remember clearly what I wanted to be as a kid, but I had always dreamt of being able to travel around. And my cousins say that I was a bit of a story teller as well...and being a Princess....a tom boy Princess that is, would have been nice too....

As I grew up, I initially decided that I wanted to be a journalist,  and then ditched that plan in favor of being a teacher. Somewhere in between, I think I also wanted to be a pilot. And the fact is that I am in a field which is nowhere related to any of the professions mentioned above.

So yeah, these are the jobs I wanted to be in, and like always, I guess I was never satisfied with choosing just one of the options...so that's it about me. But then if there's one thing that I've always been, right from the childhood, it's a dreamer.


Now that I am done with telling all about what I wanted to me, I'm looking forward to hearing your stories about who you wanted to be. Waiting to hear from you.

Until then, signing Off

Me

10 comments:

  1. Don't know that I ever really had a strong desire to be anything spcific. Of course I grew up watching the original "Superman", Tarzan, The Lone Ranger, The Rifleman and fantasized about being able to do what they did.
    I did aspire to be in management instead of just one of the employees and that I have been for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't going to put a comment, but then I thought that would be rude!! Hee Hee! I'm afraid I must be really boring but, like Odie, I certainly can't remember wanting to be anyone! (Told you I was boring!!). I guess when I was younger, there weren't so many people around to want to be. There were only two television channels, and childrens' tv was only one for about an hour! Can you believe that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to be an executive secretary, living in a penthouse apartment in Manhattan and being completely independent and stylish. I can remember dreaming about this at 8 years old. Being a mother and getting married at a young age certainly proved my theory wrong didn't it? I wouldn't have traded any of it either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a youngin' I always wanted to play professional basketball. As far as I was concerned it was in my blood. I loved the game and played in the driveway until my parents called me in because it was so dark that they couldn't see me from the window. I had that dream until eighth grade when I was injured and that dream went out the window. After that I wanted to be a Physical Therapist, then I went through a phase about a year ago where I wanted to be a boat captain, an accountant, a pilot, a journalist, a sports writer, a team owner, hell I wanted to be everything and anything. After much discussion I decided on Occupational Therapist but my dream job now would be to be part of the crew for an artist's tour. All my love for basketball is now geared toward music. I will forever be a dreamer :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't have a strong desire to be any of specific. All I know is that I need to have a job, be independent and help my family. I been living four years alone and working my ass off 24/7. I was able to send my two sister to college who is now an Engineer and a nurse. I guess this are all my fruits with my hard work. until now I',m still sleeping I guess on my bed waiting for the black bird to wake me up to make me realize that I'm living my dream.

    But as I always said Life is good and I will be a forever dreamer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. as a child i wanted to be a writer that traveled the worlf writing about her experiences and the people she met but sadly what a became was something all together different though i still take many adventures within the books i read.


    Everyday Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Childhood is THE time of dreams..

    Hope everyone's come true..

    wanted to be a writer and have realized it in parts.. copy writing and journalistic stuff done... now for fiction.. hopefully!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i wanted to be on tv! hahaha

    well i had lots of dreams too. i've always been a story teller. i wanted (and still passionately do want) to travel the world, write about my adventures and capture memories through my camera's lens. :0

    ReplyDelete
  9. After my gymnastics career took a detour due to injury, I wanted to be a jockey. Since we didn't live near a track and since my parents weren't wealthy, it never happened.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a kid I wanted to be a lawyer, I wanted to fight crime and put the bad guys behind bars. I've always said I won't do anything involving politics but guess what I'm studying. LoL!

    ReplyDelete

You love me, You hate me, You can't stand me? Go on and tell me...drop me a line....