Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sunday....ermm...Monday Ponderings: What Makes You Like Her?

Hello everyone...

I know, I know....I'm late....but hey, I make the rules...so I can break them too, right? Right...so, moving on....Belated Mother's Day to all those wonderful Moms out there....and thank you....for everything because like the saying goes, "God couldn't be everywhere, so he created mothers".

Since it was Mother's Day, it's only fair to ask something related to Mothers...which is, what is the one thing that you and your mother have in common...the one thing that gets people to say "Like Mother, Like Daughter"... A particular habit, an interest of some sort, a hobby...something that binds you two together...

What about me? Well, I believe that I get my creative streaks from my Mom...she's someone who's creatively inclined...who paints, who sings and has a very aesthetic bent of mind...also, she made our house a home...a place to go back to when something worries you,a place that makes you feel like everything is going to be alright in the end.

So that's about me...what about you? Waiting to read your answers...

Until then, signing off...

Me

12 comments:

  1. I would have to say I inherited my mother's good heart. She will give you the shirt off her back if she thought you needed it. She's the first one to offer something to a stranger. She'll start talking to anyone. She's a very jovial personality. The other thing I would have to say I inherited from her is that you have to be a hard worker no matter what. Laziness was not tolerated in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I'm not a daughter, I'll pass on this one girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sense of humor. Definitely. Others may not find me funny, but my family [husband included] does and it just trickles down to the g'kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Barb on this one. My mum had a very warm and generous heart. My mum and dad never had much, but they would give you their last penny if you needed it. I like to think that that is also in me, and I know that it is in my two daughters. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I get creativity from my mum also, a love for travel and a the inability to suffer fools gladly lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear from you Cat, I miss you...

    My mum and I are both stubborn but on the other hand we often can't stick with our decisions. Lol, can you even imagine this combination?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gots my moms looks and bitchy attitude! WHEWT! My daughter got the attirude and sleeping habits, lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am frightenly like my mother so that even complete strangers have taken bets on whether we are mother and daughter or sisters. We have walking as "our thing". We both like long distance walking and hiked across England last year. We're doing Wales next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm not sure what i got from my mom really

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look like her and sound like her. As long as I don't act like her, I think everything will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I give credit to my mom on how much I love beautiful things and being independent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so interesting to see all these great qualities we have inherited from our Moms....

    ReplyDelete

You love me, You hate me, You can't stand me? Go on and tell me...drop me a line....