Monday, April 11, 2011

Sunday Ponderings: Why This Name?

Hello to all my dear friends out there...I hope all of you had a great weekend. Also, a big Hello to all my new friends....thanks a ton for deciding to stop by...

It was a bit of a busy weekend for me...I went to the Cinema to watch the movie Rio and once back, decided that I was capable of cooking up a storm...now, if you remember, I can barely manage to get a dish out of the kitchen without burning, over salting or getting it into a sticky mess, so storm indeed it was...but miracle of miracles, I managed to get not one, but three recipes right today....that's a surprise!

Okay...I guess I am digressing...right! 

Coming back to the topic at hand, I am curious today as to what was the inspiration behind your blog's name? I've seen a lot of blog names out there which make me go..."Drat! Now, why didn't I think of that name?"

My answer to this question is this...I had started a blog a few years ago but had to go with a name that just came to my mind at that instant and which didn't sound all that great...from the point I quit updating it, I wanted to start another blog and stick to updating it regularly...I wanted the new blog to be an online journal (kind of) for me, and so decided to go with the title 'Musings N Confessions'...

Though, these days, I've noticed that I don't write a lot about myself...to be absolutely honest, I don't think I write a lot at all....which is something I hope to rectify soon. I think I'm digressing again...so back to the question, please please please tell me....why did you choose the name you chose for your blog? 

Waiting expectantly,

Me.

Addendum: Thank you for all the comments....and it's really very interesting to know the reason for choosing your blog name...I see that a few of you are quite curious as to why I chose Caterpillar as my name...well, honestly...that wasn't my first choice...I went with Lazy Loon or something like that...but then, later, when I sat down and thought about the name, I decided I didn't like it much, and then suddenly 'Caterpillar' popped into my mind from nowhere...the more I thought about it, the more it made sense...I'm a foodie who loves to eat...:), I am a li'l lazy,I'm a bookworm who devours books...and I feel that all of us are beautiful butterflies, just that I don't feel I am there yet....so I chose Caterpillar...something like...'on my way, not there yet' kinds. There, now you know why I chose to be Caterpillar....:)

19 comments:

  1. For a fiction writer, I have THE most singularly unimaginative title out there. Sheer laziness, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My title is pretty self explanatory. This house gets crazy literally at three o'clock when everyone comes home from school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the reason for your blog name. You probably know the reason for mine but I shall tell anyway. I have always loved the film Withnail and I and when I set up the blog I was going through a tough time any my frog was happy and I wasn't so that is how it came about. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this from my early posts (I went back to see what I thought when I came up with the title ;)) -
    "My Blog is titled train of thought 'cos thats what it is essentially... thats what every body's blog is more or less.. while some people blog about their hobbies.. or jobs.. or pets.. or fears.. I just want to be able to jot down most of my thoughts.. as much as I can safely do without crossing my level of comfort"

    and like someone above asked, why caterpillar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not the American peanut butter, not the Australian Kangaroo - it is a family nickname for me and I attached "Mom" because 1. Skippy was taken and 2. I am a Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun question! My blog name is my actual name, which I guess isn't very exciting. But the sub name "writing and blogging between carpools" is my life. I take my boys here and there, and in between, I write!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Dribble.." because I am always rambling on about random stuff "Dribbling a lot of crap" lol

    Mynx because I was nicknamed it by a fun guy because I can be a little naughty

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Frisky Virgin. For me, it was about sharing who I am, as non-mainstream as my choice to wait for love may be. I'm an older virgin, but, more than that, I'm not a wallflower type; I'm not crying in a corner. I'm not the stereotypical virgin. I'm quite frisky so...The Frisky Virgin was born. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The older I get the more I want my life to be less cluttered with things and more simple,thus, The Simple Life. To me less is better

    ReplyDelete
  10. No creativity at all for me. Business Musings was exactly what it is supposed to be. But a li said, why Caterpillar ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this question although the more I sit and think about it, the more I realize mine title doesn't really define my blog. I choose You Are Loved because I went through a time where I didn't think I was loved so it's just a daily reminder for and anyone who follows that You Are Loved <3

    My other blog is called Little Miss Hide Your Scars because when I write that is exactly what I am doing. I write to conceal my true feelings but somehow they always slip through the lines.
    I am also curious like others, why Caterpillar?

    ReplyDelete
  12. well because i'm not very creative and it seemed at the time the right name

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's really interesting, because I had wondered where the Caterpillar came from! I did a post about the origin of my blog name only a little while ago, strangely enough. South Hams is the beautiful part of Devon (in England) where I live, and Darling, because I am one! Hee Hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I chose simple thoughts because even though I may be a complex person, I often look at the world in a simple way. I believe in simple and clear cut concepts such as the difference between good and evil. I am also a simple person in terms of my needs and wants. Give me a good book, a cup of coffee, and a lazy afternoon and I am happy. I also wanted to write about things in simple terms. Many people make things more complicated than they have to be. Thanks for the award. Like you, I am busy and behind schedule. I will post the award in the next few days. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wrote a post on how I got to be Bouncin Barb

    http://bouncinbarbs.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-i-got-to-be-called-bouncin-barb.html

    It's a story in and of itself. I like your name.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Caterpillar's a good name. I like it. It's simple and unique.
    And I agree, there are so many times I'll see a blog and think, "I wish I had thought of that!"

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm "On My Soapbox" because, through my blog, I can get up on the box and shout it out loud! In real life, I am not like that, so I am enjoying blogging a lot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I pondered on a catchy name for my blog for days. That song that has a line like "always look on the sunny side of life," kept popping into my head. I was sitting out on my front patio and my husband came out and said something amusing, I thought "I live on the funny side of the street," and the name of my blog was born.

    ReplyDelete

You love me, You hate me, You can't stand me? Go on and tell me...drop me a line....