Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Ponderings: Be Loved v/s Give Love

Hello to everyone in Blogosphere...I am in the middle of a vacation with family...it was good, peppered with a few untoward incidents, but then I choose to remember only the good parts of this short vacation. That is my excuse for not being around this week...I hope I won't have to come up with another excuse next week and will be able to come visit all of you...

Now, the question for this Sunday is this: Which one do you like more, to be the recipient of love or to be the giver of love...? Of course, I understand that no one is forever a giver or a receiver, but I'm just wondering which role do you enjoy more? The Giver or The Receiver? 

Now, I know that I'm supposed to answer this question myself before I pass it on to you...I thought long and hard about it, and I saw a huge debate going on between the altruistic Giver and the pampered Receiver...and here's what I finally realized...

I normally enjoy being the Giver...I derive a sense of satisfaction from the fact that the people around me feel happy and cared for in my presence...however, I also like to be pampered once in a while...to be the one looked after, the one who can put her feet up and relax and enjoy all that attention! Honestly, which girl wouldn't want to feel that way once in a while! 

So I'd say I am a mix of both...with the balance slightly tipping in favor of Giver...So then, what about you, friends? 

Hoping to hear from you soon...

Hugs

Me

11 comments:

  1. I hate to say it, but I've always been a giver, and often taken for granted after a time. So, at this point in my life I'm sitting back and waiting to see who steps up to give a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I am a mixture as well but lean towards the giver. My thoughts at the moment are of Rocky and how I love to hold him, stroke him, give him treats, take him for walks. Iknow I could never give him as much love as he has for me but I have fun trying.
    Odie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am more of a giver when i am with someone younger than me or sometimes even very old people but otherwise i am always d reciever or rather like to be one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a moot question. You can't give love if you don't know what it is to receive it.

    I think of it in terms of people when contemplating your question, not pets [as Odie said] - although I have two dogs whom I love absolutely, but really - how do you learn to love someone if you haven't had the experience of being loved by a fellow human being.

    We need one to have the other. It is the way you balance it that is important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Id have to say a giver. I give give give love to my daughter and mother, plus other family. But sadly Im not a very affectionate person when it comes to relatioships. I dont much give or take with relationships. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Skippy. You can't give it if you don't get it and vice versa. I do enjoy giving love to others no doubt but if I never knew how great getting love was I don't know if I could do it the same. Enjoy the fam and vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly don't know....

    To give love one must receive it. Can't have one without the other....kt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a giver but I need some sign that it is returned. Loving and being loved need to go together. Unrequited love usually leads to hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely a mixture. Hope you are having a lovely holiday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a mixture, too, although I will probably always struggle with both giving and receiving love. Giving it is easier, but I don't always know how to show it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta say that I am the giver most of the time. Which I enjoy. It makes me feel good to see that someone else gets to feel worthwhile.
    Like you, I won't deny that I enjoy being the reciever but thankfully I do get a certain amount of that in my life too.

    Also, I've seen you around the blogging universe making comments on some of my favorite blogs so I thought I'd stop by. I'll be back. :)

    ReplyDelete

You love me, You hate me, You can't stand me? Go on and tell me...drop me a line....