Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Ponderings: Who's That Woman?


Hello everyone....hope it's been a good weekend for all of you so far....The question I want to ask this Sunday was not one I had to really think hard to come up with...This question comes to you in the light of the 100th International Women's Day that was celebrated on March 8th, 2011.

And the question would be:Who's the woman who has inspired you the most?
For me, it has been more than one woman actually...and it's those certain qualities of theirs that made me place them on a pedestal and look up to them. So here is the list of women who I look up to:


1. Grand mom: My grand mom (on father's side) was considered to be quite the modern woman with respect to her approach to life and various situations in life. She was the patient one, the grand mom who'd feed you, listen to you and talk to you as a friend, rather than as an elder. She was the first one to know about our relationships, and in her quite special way made all of us feel special. She was someone who told us we were loved a lot....without words.


2. Mom: She has always been the aesthetically inclined home maker, the amazing cook, a dutiful wife and a very loving mom. I started looking up to her once I got married because that's when I realized how much effort she had put into making our house a home. She's fiercely protective of the people she love and always, always tries to make sure every one is taken care of.


3. Mother in law: She's one of those strong women I've met in my life. She has gone through a lot of ups and downs but has never let that stop her from finding happiness in the small things in life. She is someone I look up to for her patience and positive outlook towards life.

So now, it's your turn to tell me who that woman is who has inspired you....Waiting for your answers.


Toodles.


Me




18 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your selections very much. Mine would be 2 women. 1. My mom, we were very close and she taught me a lot about life and I miss her so much as she died in 2002. 2. would be my Aunt Katie who is 102 and still doing so great living by herself. She is an inspiration to everyone in my family. She has longevity I think due to always being active.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom, definitely. She's got the patience of a Saint and has always been encouraging and supportive.
    When I was very young I read Beryl Markham's (a bush pilot and the first female commercial pilot) autobiography "West With the Night" and was inspired by her fearlessness and independence. But it was her flawless writing that made me want to pursue the craft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely would have to be my mum. No contest there! She was a wonderful lady, and I still miss her terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to say that I can't think of a particular woman who has inspired me. I seem to have traits similar to those of my grandfather. Since I am the "black sheep" of the family, I make my own way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you have such inspiring women in your life! I would have to say my Grandma on my mom's side inspired me most. She had a love of knowledge and a gentleness about her spirit that I admired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great tribute to those who have inspired you

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome post. I would definitely choose, 1. My Mother - She is a great mother and wife. I continue to be amazed at the way she loves God and how that translates into every part of her life. She is full of wisdom and a tender heart. She is a woman after God's heart and a continual inspiration to me. 2. My Aunt Karen - She passed away nearly four years ago (on Tuesday) from cancer but she lived her life evoked with kindness and unconditional love. She knew she was going home to be with her Savior and she left a legacy - genuine, and full of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The women who have inspired me are my mom, a teacher in school and a senior at college.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Definitely 1 - my mum - because she's fabulous, 2, my oldest sisteralways there for me and never judges - because she is , 3, my old music teacher - the kindest most inspiring person you could hope to meet and 4 my boss in my last job - professional but human.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I am so fortunate to be surrounded by so many strong women. I admire each for a different reason. My grandmother has such determination. She's been married to my grandfather for 60 years!!! My mom is the most patient woman I know & is always sweet. My cousin works, is a great mother, is in nursing school, and is a wonderful wife. There are so many others. I am a very lucky person to have such great influences.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As much as I loved my Mom I would have to say, my Grandma is the one I seem to take after. We spent a lot of time together when I was young. She was a storyteller and I would listen for hours. My Mom taught me things girls need to know. My Grandma gave me pearls of wisdom. Between them, maybe I didn't turn out so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What do you expect a man to answer here? :)-
    The woman I married of course!

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha..loved Peter's reply!!
    Well obviously mine too in my mumma..a lovely lady..she is the lifeline of my family..without her nothing is as perfect as it is always..she is my friend, my mom, at times my companion too. Hats of to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Odie: Your mom and aunt sounds like wonderful women to me. Nice!

    @Jayne: Very interesting. Will have to get hold of that book.

    @Thisisme: Moms are the best...always!

    @On My Soapbox: That's an interesting thing... :)

    @Christine: Thank you for telling us about your grandmother...she sounds like a great person

    @Becca: Thank you... :)

    @Kari Ann: Thanks for that amazing answer.

    @runawaybride: Thanks for sharing your answer. Would love to know more about them.

    @Louba: Isn't it great to have someone who doesn't judge you.

    @Mindy: I agree...you're very lucky to have these amazing women in your life...

    @Barbara: Grandmother Polly?

    @Peter: How sweet....:D

    @Aayushi: I agree, I did like Peter's reply a lot...:D So nice to know about your mom. As I said, Moms rock!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed this post..good choices on inspirational women. I have sat here for several minutes now and sadly decided that I have not been inspired by very many women. I think I was brought up in a male dominated world. I shall now go and reflect on who I should have thought about - after all there are millions of women who have done amazing things. See you have succeeded in making me a reflective Facing 50 today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post and sweet to learn about your family and these great women who inspired you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Facing50Blog: Thanks.... :)

    @Shopgirl: Thank you.... :)

    ReplyDelete

You love me, You hate me, You can't stand me? Go on and tell me...drop me a line....