Waiting expectantly for your answers...
Monday, March 28, 2011
Waiting expectantly for your answers...
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Hello everyone....hope it's been a good weekend for all of you so far....The question I want to ask this Sunday was not one I had to really think hard to come up with...This question comes to you in the light of the 100th International Women's Day that was celebrated on March 8th, 2011.
And the question would be:
Who's the woman who has inspired you the most?
For me, it has been more than one woman actually...and it's those certain qualities of theirs that made me place them on a pedestal and look up to them. So here is the list of women who I look up to:
1. Grand mom: My grand mom (on father's side) was considered to be quite the modern woman with respect to her approach to life and various situations in life. She was the patient one, the grand mom who'd feed you, listen to you and talk to you as a friend, rather than as an elder. She was the first one to know about our relationships, and in her quite special way made all of us feel special. She was someone who told us we were loved a lot....without words.
2. Mom: She has always been the aesthetically inclined home maker, the amazing cook, a dutiful wife and a very loving mom. I started looking up to her once I got married because that's when I realized how much effort she had put into making our house a home. She's fiercely protective of the people she love and always, always tries to make sure every one is taken care of.
3. Mother in law: She's one of those strong women I've met in my life. She has gone through a lot of ups and downs but has never let that stop her from finding happiness in the small things in life. She is someone I look up to for her patience and positive outlook towards life.
So now, it's your turn to tell me who that woman is who has inspired you....Waiting for your answers.
Friday, March 11, 2011
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Mind in shackles, numb with pain.
Encaged in convictions, hands bound tight,
Not by self, but by strangers around, might.
Born in the form on Venus, I were,
A shame to the parents, waiting for an heir.
A burden I was bound to be,
“A curse”, they said, unheard of pleas.
A Son, they hoped for, to hold high, the name,
To bring home, pride, elation and fame.
Alas, born was a daughter, what a shame!
To send her away, decked, end of the game.
A daughter, mother and wife, just, they said I was to be,
A girl, to think otherwise, a shame it’d be.
Woman, a toy to play with, they say and then leer.
My pleas, ruthless, arrogate, they jeer.
Coy, demure, humble; a picture perfect frame,
Have been made, my race for, so they claim.
Pawned for a game, traded for penny,
A victim forever; assaults, abuse many.
“No! ” I cry out, in my new found voice.
Not just that, Woman, icon of strength and poise.
A daughter, wife and mother, I would be,
Yet my dreams, fulfilled, I wanted to see.
To live my dreams, to reach for the stars,
To hold my head high, to walk without fears.
A daughter who serves, a sister who loves,
A wife who cares, a mother who bears.
Women, many roles played in life,
Bestower of love, the family – crux, she strives.
Smiling through the tears, forgiving the worst,
Woman she is, you can trust.
Bound in shackles, yet I smile.
A woman I am, in tears, I will smile.
A bearer, carer, achiever, I, forever will be,
Woman I am, let me be free.
Monday, March 7, 2011
Do you relate smells or scents to certain feelings or memories? Does that sudden whiff of some smell take you back to a certain period of time, a certain incident that made you happy or a bit sad or a certain emotion that fills your mind? Do you have a favorite smell, something that gets you relaxed and blissful in an instant?
For me, there are different scents that fill me with memories...the scent of coffee reminds me of a certain cousin of mine who's a coffee junkie while invigorating me at the same time. The smell of vanilla reminds me of my mom's custard pudding, and her favorite perfume. The smell of oranges make me thirsty for a tall glass of orange juice with ice while the smell of freshly baked bread makes me hungry...The smell of first rain brings out the pining lover in me and the smell of a rose reminds me of my husband's first gift. The smell of incense makes me peaceful and the smell of a fresh book reminds me of school days...
Well...before I go on and on, let me stop and get myself ready to hear your answers to the question....and is that the smell of coffee the breeze has brought me...I think I need one right now...
Waiting to hear from you...
Until then....signing off...
Saturday, March 5, 2011
1. I enjoy watching horror movies….Not! I am someone’s who’s scared of darkness…and also someone who can conjure up the worst of scenarios and images in my head while alone…now, put them both together…you think I’d dare to watch a horror movie ever…? No ways! However, I have read horror novels, and my husband does enjoys regaling us with “it really happened” horror stories while we have friends over…and guess who stays awake all night worried about the shadows playing across the wall and the windows creaking in the breeze...yeah, that'd be me.
2. Giving away my gold chain to a stranger: True. I remember that I was around seven years old. I was playing with my cousin outside our house when this friendly stranger walked up to us. He asked us about our names, the school we went to and such other things. And then, he asked me casually if I would let him take a look at my chain. I gave him my chain…and he put it in his pocket and walked away. We didn’t know how to react and so chose to continue with our games. Later, when my mom realized that I didn’t have my chain with me and the elders started to search for it, I remembered that I had given my chain to the stranger and told so to my mom. My parents were shocked and amused at the way I explained the situation to them…and ever since then, I’ve been the butt of jokes that start with “What’s your name?” coz apparently that was the stranger’s first question to me.
3. Roller coaster rides? No, thank you. I’ve never really enjoyed heights or roller coaster rides. Sure, I’ve got on a few rides along with my friends...call it an attempt to look brave, and I know this…the feeling I get when the train does a downward plunge, like my heart is going to jump up my throat…not nice. And the way my face freezes in the middle of a scream and won't unfreeze for a long time…not nice at all.
4. I wasn’t a nerd while in school. I was the care free, careless student who couldn’t care what test she had until she stepped into the class on the day of the test. I became one when I got into college. And yes, the reputation has stuck with me from then on.
5. And the last one….well, seems like most of you did know that this is not true. And guess what, you’re right. I started wearing glasses when I was around thirteen and now, it’s the first thing I grab off my bedside table when I wake up every day.
Now that I've confessed the truth, it's time for me to do some blog hopping. Happy Friday everyone. Enjoy your weekend.
On that note, Signing Off
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
I had seen this award doing the rounds sometime and really liked the rules...which is to tell y'all 4 lies and one truth and the let you guys decide which one is the truth. Hmm...quite interesting...! But then since I am not a very creative liar, I really had no clue what to come up with....I've tried my best...so here goes: