Monday, January 3, 2011

Here Comes 2011!!!

The last day of the last month of 2010 got over three days back.(I was supposed to publish this post on 31st December but couldn't coz I was in the middle of vacation with family and was plain lazy)....

The one day we realize that yet another year has passed....the time to turn around and do a quick recap of all the personal adventures you had been on in the last one year...the time to celebrate the beginning of a new year, 'The Year' to be more responsible, to fulfill your promises to yourself and others, to make a new set of resolutions while praying silently that you would be able to hold on to them at least for a few days, if not months...It was New Year's Eve...the time for celebrations,recollections and resolutions....

For me, last year was the one which gave me a promotion which I had been looking forward to since a long time...the very first one in my career, a moment of personal pride for me.

It was also the one in which Death looked at me in the eyes and scoffed...he had managed to take away three most important people from my life.

It was the one where I had to finally submit to myself that my baby sister was a grown up woman ready to set up her own li'l nest.

It was also the one where I decided to end a few friendships which I realized were too shallow to hold on to. It was painful of course, but then, in my heart, I knew it was the right thing to do.

2010 was the year in which I decided it was time I spoke up, it was time for me to get out of the silent doormat mode and be heard. 

2010 was also the year I decided to set up this blog...I had initially thought of this blog as my journal...somewhere I can write my thoughts down...From that point to now, there have been a lot of new friends, support, great comments and good vibes that have helped me in a way unexplainable...

So Thank you everyone...and wishing you all a great 2011...

I plan to call 2011 the 'Crazy Year'...the year to be spontaneous and spirited...and to take it one day at a time...THAT I guess is my resolution....What about you? What's your plan for 2011?

7 comments:

  1. Caterpillar, I wish you all the best in 2011, may all your wishes and resolutions come true.

    I'm glad that you started writing this blog because I enjoy reading it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you Cat! I love that 2011 is going to be a Crazy Year. Spontaneous and spirited sounds very good to me. Actually, I have always loved spontaneity. So much better than being stuck in a rut. I shall just enjoy each day, trying to make the most of it, and hoping more than anything that all my friends and family keep healthy and well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year! And thank you for the beautiful silver cuff from your give away which arrived today - I absolutely love it. For me this year will be about not putting this off because of work or fear or laziness. I'm looking forward to hearing of all your adventures in 2011. Hugs L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Cat. I decided to go into this new year with really only 1 goal in mind. I want to carry the Christmas spirit into 2011 & be sensitive to the needs of others & help whenever I can. That will make Odie a better person.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Starlight: Thank you, and wish you the same... :)

    @Thisisme: Thanks and wishing you the same...I hope I'd be able to keep my resolution. :)

    @Louba: I'm so glad to know you like it... *hugs*

    @Odie: The perfect resolution...something I'm going to borrow...

    @JM: Thank you...and wishing you the same...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Odie - love your resolution, too (maybe borrow it also).

    @cat - this is a wonderful thing - the crazy year. taking it one day at a time is the best we can do.

    glad that i found your blog and i enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete

You love me, You hate me, You can't stand me? Go on and tell me...drop me a line....