I didn't realize that I hadn't blogged for quite some time until today...the past few days were really really busy and I haven't got a chance to visit a lot of you...which is a situation I am planning to rectify with immediate effect...and before I sign off, let me do some bragging...guess who got another award....me, me, me...
'Holy Cow!' was the first thing I said while I sensed a smile spreading across my face....Asian Angel has awarded me the Life is Good Award and I have no words to express my gratitude and thanks to her......and to everyone else for the love and friendship shared with me here.
I see that this award also comes with rules but am thankful it's not random facts about me anymore..I tend to go blank every time I'm asked to share random things about myself...Thankfully, it's a survey this time....I'm not complaining....I'm not complaining at all...
So let's take a look at the rules now, shall we?
1. First, thank and link back to the person that gave the award: This I've done already, but I think I'd like throw in a couple of hugs in as well...so thanks Asian Angel....and hugs too...
2. Answer the 10 survey questions: Sure...I've got that....you'll find the answers below....
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?
I had mentioned this earlier....this is not my first blog...when I started my first blog, in all earnestness and excitement of a new blogger, I had shared the link with most of the people I know...which later I realized put me in a spot...because I could never be ruthlessly honest about myself (believe me when I say I'm no angel) and about others... (they aren't angels either...ha!) So when I decided to blog again, I wanted to do it anonymously. And I prefer it staying that way. I'm so fanatical about keeping this blog anonymous that I have refused to share it even with my friends and family...except for Prince Charming and Winnie (my sister). Now THAT was a long answer but then I guess that explains it...
2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
Hmm...well...I do have streaks of stubbornness in me...and it makes itself present once in a while...I remember once, when Prince Charming was my best friend, he had promised me something which was quite important to me. When I got to know that he had broken his promise, I went to meet him and cut myself on my left forearm in front of him...just to show him that I was irritated with him...it was kind of like a pay back or 'serves you right' kind of thing...which went completely wrong...in place a little scratch (which was the original idea) there was a huge gash and there was blood everywhere...both of us freaked out at the blood and it took some time to figure what to do. Later, I got stitches put in....I regret being such an idiot but then everything happens for a reason...or so I believe...so yeah, there's the incident for you...
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
Well...I see a very traditional looking Indian girl with views, thoughts and ideas which will leave anyone who chooses to look inside my head open mouthed. Also, what I see is a bespectacled nerd with a hidden sense of humor. And a dreamer mostly.
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
Iced Pepsi or Coca Cola.
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Hmm....I go online and check updates on Facebook, check how many visitors I've had on my blog...write posts...and do some reading. Then, there's the regular cleaning, dusting, going to office, acting normal...reading, checking blog, talking with friends, acting normal so more...you get the idea right?
6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?
I want to finish my studies. I was studying to be a chartered accountant but have had to put studies on the back burner for some time due to a few personal reasons. I am left with the final level to clear but I haven't been able to get there.
I also want to be a published author some day. I don't how successful it's going to be...but I just want to have at least one book published. Some day, some day...I hope...sigh!!!
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
I was the shy person who turned into the clown only among close friends.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
If by poignant moment, what is meant is a deeply affecting incident, it would be the time when my Grand mom passed away. I don't think I'm yet ready to believe it and in my mind, she's somewhere just out of my sight. That's the way I choose to believe.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?
I find it easier to share about myself and what happens in my life. I do write about other people or events but I think my first choice would be to write about myself.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
I prefer reading a book because that's one thing that helps me relax...it takes me into a world where I can get lost with abandon...
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic.
Here comes another difficult part...The way I do it is by choosing different people each time...somehow, in my mind, I call it 'fair play', yeah? So here's the people I've passed on the award to this time:
4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the award
Please go visit these bloggers because they are sure to make you smile, or even better, get a laugh out of you...and when you smile or laugh, Life does get good, don't you think?